POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : "reflection" ignores "metallic" : Re: "reflection" ignores "metallic" Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "reflection" ignores "metallic"
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Apr 1999 15:57:18
Message: <3717880e.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:51:48 -0500, Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>Think you are talking about something the "official" POV-Ray does not do
>yet, and that would be to reflect the actual light_source rays from one
>object onto another. The lamp-light is not going to show the phong (or
>surface) color of a reflected object in this case.

No, I think he's looking for Michael "Wyzard" Paul's 'metallic reflection'
patch.  It's part of Wyzpov, available at http://twysted.net/patchstation
but currently only implemented as a patch to POV 3.0.  I don't think I've
ever gotten around to migrating metallic reflection into the superpatch,
either, but it probably wouldn't be too hard.  Wyzard is said to be working
on a 3.1e version of his original patch, as well, so keep an eye out for
that.