POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : "reflection" ignores "metallic" : Re: "reflection" ignores "metallic" Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "reflection" ignores "metallic"
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Apr 1999 15:52:57
Message: <371786C4.4BEE18FB@aol.com>
Think you are talking about something the "official" POV-Ray does not do
yet, and that would be to reflect the actual light_source rays from one
object onto another. The lamp-light is not going to show the phong (or
surface) color of a reflected object in this case.
Nathan Kopps Photon Patch (uvpov.exe) custom compile of POV will do the
light reflection, however I don't know if it also is capable of keeping
the finishes intact as well.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe