POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mushroom cloud using DF3 : Re: Mushroom cloud using DF3 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mushroom cloud using DF3
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Apr 1999 15:50:40
Message: <37178680.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:21:07 -0500, Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>I couldn't help but notice the "CSG-able" word said. I wanted a DF3 of a
>complex model once and came up with mixed results. Basically it didn't
>work in other words (although it almost did it seemed), and I repeatedly
>got a "patch object not allowed" during parse as I tried in vain to get
>the model sliced up right.
>So I guess this is impossible? No work-arounds? Well, I'm not giving up.

If you have the Superpatch you could use trace() to do what you're wanting
to do.  In fact, you could write a macro that takes an object, a filename,
and the desired resolution and automatically creates the df3 file for you.
It wouldn't be the fastest thing on Earth, but it wouldn't be too terrible.