POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mushroom cloud using DF3 : Re: Mushroom cloud using DF3 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mushroom cloud using DF3
From: Ken
Date: 16 Apr 1999 10:18:43
Message: <3717375B.3E5780B0@pacbell.net>
Lewis wrote:

> What is DF3?

Roughly interperated I believe it means 3D density file. There is an
option in pov that will allow you to use a .df3 file as a way to control
the density function inside a media. It has other uses as well but this
was it's primary intended purpose. There is a utility that will allow
you to take one or several .tga image(s) and create a binary .df3 file.
The black art involved with knowing what to feed the conversion utility
is what this thread hopefully will answer for us all. I am skeptical that
anyone really knows to be perfectly honest with you and I sit patiently
on the side waiting for this revelation to unfold.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net