POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-ray for Max? : Re: Pov-ray for Max? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-ray for Max?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 16 Apr 1999 02:38:36
Message: <3716ccdc.0@news.povray.org>
I should explain I guess :)

Anistropic rendering is a type of surface shading model used for metal and,
believe it or not, silk textures...

The idea is that of a brushed metal finish and while this can be achived to
some extent using bump maps, the Anistropic rendering model does a HUGE
amount of the work for you with much better results and greater control.  It
also allows you to have the surface color, or finish, normal dependant,
which is great for modelling brushed surfaces!!!

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/colorblind

Margus Ramst wrote...