POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New group suggestion : Re: New group suggestion (was Re:Peter Popov) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New group suggestion (was Re:Peter Popov)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Apr 1999 21:40:45
Message: <3715355F.62541712@aol.com>
I went to this web page link before using Netscape and I thought it
didn't load right, the intro5.gif didn't seem to be there. I just now
see you say NS isn't right for it so I tried this time with MS IE and it
crashed after a lengthy delay. Seemed to get stuck in the middle and
then intermittantly gave a download count but didn't appear to progress
further. I use AOL and was signed off abruptly with several "Connect"
notices popping up imediately afterward. I had a idle timer on (to
prevent dis-connection) which I always use when going here since AOL
will tend to interupt me if I don't, so it seemed to be the webpage that
did it anyhow. I then used NS again and the pages did fine, no 'bgsound'
of course ('embed' is needed for NS) except that intro5.gif appears to
be just a black void (correct for this?).
Your creation seems to be pretty professional to me. And at least
partially functional too (99% using NS?).

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe