POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trce in superpatch : Re: Trce in superpatch; trace???? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trce in superpatch; trace????
From: Ron Parker
Date: 14 Apr 1999 18:13:14
Message: <371504ea.0@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:55:15 +0200, Matthias <sma### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

>looks like a macro defined somewhere else!

>Hm would be nice if you could make me wiser!

Trace isn't a macro, it's a function that exists only in the Superpatch,
available at http://twysted.net/patchstation .  It is used to find the
intersection of an arbitrary ray with an arbitrary object and is useful
for such things as placing objects on height fields or growing creeping
ivy in POV scripts.