POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0 : Re: dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dreams of POV 3.5 and 4.0
From: Twyst
Date: 14 Apr 1999 14:18:09
Message: <3714cdd1.0@news.povray.org>
> Your mini-studios concept is certainly interesting and novel. But it would
> pretty much be a duplicated effort. There are several free/cheap modellers
> for POV, which can do this and much more. If only any of them could read
POV
> files, I'd be a happy puppy.

Ok. I keep posting this URL, maybe someone will make something out of it.
There IS a program that DOES parse pov-ray syntax. In fact, it's a C++
library for reading versions 1 - 3 pov syntax, and creates a structure of
C++ objects....

It can be found here:
http://www9.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~cnvogelg/pov2rib/index.html

Please, someone take this, and make a converter!