POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lenses : Re: Lenses Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lenses
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Apr 1999 21:13:00
Message: <3713DE20.51C614E@compuserve.com>
> POV lenses are perfect, no abberations
or dispersion.

Actually, you can have dispersion if you want if you use a patched version of
POV-Ray, and I think that these lenses will still suffer from spherical
abberation. In real life, some lenses are spherically ground because it is
cheaper and easier, some more expensive lenses are not spherically ground.
However, I have no real experience in this area, so correct me if I am wrong.