POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lenses : Re: Lenses Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:33:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lenses
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Apr 1999 00:51:59
Message: <3712BF2E.1A88B07B@aol.com>
It is possible, funny I haven't seen any serious optical things done
with POV-Ray yet. There was a telescope animation (or still) posted not
too long ago here at news.povray.org and it showed rather well how the
lenses can be set up to magnify. I myself did this long ago and was
confused at the results. I did scaled sphere intersections for convex
and concave lenses in a rather crude telescope setup. Believe I must've
done an internet search before for optics using POV-Ray however I don't
recall finding anything then. Far as following true physical properties
I can only guess there might be approximation possible after all.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe