POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media_attenuation - 1 : Margus - 0 : Re: media_attenuation - 1 : Margus - 0 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:34:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media_attenuation - 1 : Margus - 0
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Apr 1999 00:38:46
Message: <3712BC15.1EAC0421@aol.com>
Not that I understand all this any but the interactive part sounds like
it was intended to do just that, interact with the media in a normal
way. The little I've done in this regard doesn't allow me much insight.
But I understand your predicament there. Obviously the workings of media
allow for absorption to create a shadow by simple interaction with a
light and attenuation is only to fade.
But I'm not going to try and remember what the behaviours all are, Id
rather do some checking of this myself before committing to a judgement.
Keep in mind though what you say makes sense though could easily be a
observation of what was intended. No doubt since the transmit lacking a
shadow and all that as many of us know, there's possibility of
incorrectness in the thing elsewhere.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe