POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Six-Legged Walking: Animations? Tutorials? : Re: Six-Legged Walking: Animations? Tutorials? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Six-Legged Walking: Animations? Tutorials?
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 12 Apr 1999 12:52:22
Message: <37121531.1077773@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 02:20:51 -0400, "Wykan" <wyk### [at] siscomnet> wrote:

>I've created a model of a six-legged robot, with a distinctly "insectoid"
>look to it. I'd like to animate it now, but I'm having difficulty planning
>the motion of the legs.
>
>If anyone has an animation of a six-legged creature in motion (or better
>yet, the source code for the motions of those legs), or a tutorial on the
>subject, I'd love to see it.

Check out "Death to Rusty" by John VanSickle in the last IRTC
animation round (at http://www.irtc.org).  This anim contains just
such a robot.  I do not remember whether he included source but if
not, he is a regular on comp.graphics.rendering .raytracing and he
might be willing to discuss it if you ask.  Incidentally if your local
library has a selection of books by Ian Stewart, he has discussed
walking gaits in general and relatively simple neural networks to
coordinate them more than once in an entertaining and accessible
manner.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com