POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-) : Re: ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-)
From: Ken
Date: 11 Apr 1999 10:29:26
Message: <3710A203.AD20D0F4@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Yep, a media should be able to do it, but what I'm suggesting is that by
> building it into the texture statement (whether it be in finish or whatever)
> and having a specific translucency function, it can be made to be VERY fast.
>
> The same goes for fluorescence...
>
> --
> Lance.

  By your very definition it is not a propety of the surface. Therefore
it should be an interior funtion of the solid object and not a surface
property like pigments, finishes, and textures. It is contrary to the
model and the way Pov should treat behaviour like this. If it is to be
implemented let's do it correctly or not at all.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net