POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-) : Re: ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-) Server Time
15 Sep 2024 13:57:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ARCI (A Really Cool Idea) by Lance Birch ;-)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 10 Apr 1999 13:40:06
Message: <370f7ee6.0@news.povray.org>
I believe he means diffuse transmittance, like a sheet of paper or matte
plastic/glass. Also, I believe something like this is considered for 3.5 in
the form of allowing double_illuminate as a keyword.
PS. double_illuminate means that both sides of the object get illuminated by
the light source and shadowed by an object. It's not a precise
representation of translucency, but it does the job in most cases.

Margus