POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.tutorials : Where are my lights???? : Where are my lights???? Server Time
16 May 2024 05:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Where are my lights????
From: Dave Helfrich
Date: 8 Apr 1999 23:42:52
Message: <370d692c.0@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone!  I've been working on a scene and I'm having some trouble with
some cylindrical lights I have in there.  In a nutshell, the scene thus far
is a top view of a floor (made of nested discs), surrounded by a moat-like
stone ring.  The bottom of the ring is at -3 along the y axis.  I have 6
cylinder lights all starting at <0, 0, 82> and rotated to the places I want
them.  The problem is that they don't light anything unless I make them
shadowless.  I'm including 2 images... the first one rendered without the
shadowless lights, the second with them.  I'm guessing that they're not
lighting anything because there's something blocking them and casting a
shadow.  I tried using the "no_shadow" option on the objects around the
lights, but it didn't help.  What's wrong?  I'm also attaching the source.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Thanks!
Dave.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test1.jpg' (36 KB) Download 'test2.jpg' (87 KB) Download 'test.pov.txt' (7 KB)

Preview of image 'test1.jpg'
test1.jpg

Preview of image 'test2.jpg'
test2.jpg