POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Furniture problems...(gif ~25k, mdl/inc zip ~74k) : Re: Furniture problems...(gif ~25k, mdl/inc zip ~74k) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 20:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Furniture problems...(gif ~25k, mdl/inc zip ~74k)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Apr 1999 15:05:55
Message: <370E4162.9A401FB5@aol.com>
Are those walls made up of planes? If so you'd be better off with a box
for the room to begin with. If you need thickness to the window opening
you will need two, one smaller and differenced from inside the other
slightly larger one. Then a window 'box' differenced from that.
To get openings into planes you have to use 'clipped_by' instead of
difference since the plane is considered infinitely deep and no box
could ever difference all the way through.
That lens flare would need translating much further away and
proportionately increased in size I think would be one way to do that,
another would be to 'difference' the room box from it, though I think
you'd still need to do the first thing too.
Try a 'reflection <0.1,0.075,0.025>' and 'ambient <0.2,0.15,0.1>' in the
'finish' maybe for the computer. Adjust from there, I'm just guessing.
Hope I've helped a little anyhow. I don't use Moray, just know of it
some so I'm not much help there.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe