POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature addition to the Normal function ? : Re: Feature addition to the Normal function ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature addition to the Normal function ?
From: Ken
Date: 9 Apr 1999 08:09:22
Message: <370DDEA9.FC0429B@pacbell.net>
Jerry Anning wrote:

> You can pull slopes out of an image (height field) by running it
> through the diff function in hflab.  I posted a tutorial quite a while
> ago about using this and some related tricks to generate slope
> dependent textures in standard pov.  I think it was in
> povray.binaries.tutorials.  Using it twice, of course, lets you
> identify spots where the slope is changing (rim of a valley, etc.).
> If anyone is interested and can't find the tutorial, let me know and
> I'll dig up my file copy.
>
> Jerry Anning
> clem "at" dhol "dot" com

  Here is a direct link to what I believe is the tutorial that Jerry was
referring to

http://www.povray.org/cgi-bin/dnewsweb?cmd=article&group=povray.text.tutorials&item=1146

 For those of you that have your news program set to keep older file
headers you can go straight to the post in povray.text.tutorials.
It was posted on 7-18-98.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net