POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TGA Transparency? : Re: TGA Transparency? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:33:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TGA Transparency?
From: H  E  Day
Date: 8 Apr 1999 19:07:41
Message: <370D2822.4EE4@teleport.com>
<<  That depend on what you expect it to do. If you are just trying to
get
a colored layer below it to come through varied amounts of transmit all
should have some impact. Filter all is another option as well as a
combinatin of the two.>>

No effect either way. No matter, I think I've found a way around it.

<< If you are trying for a stained glass window with colored light beams
appearing in a dusty room I wish you luck. I still have not mastered
that
effect myself. If I ever do I'm going to patent the process. :)>>

Try a PNG with a alpha channel.  Look at my Ac_vs_ebe*.* files on the
irtc.  The Chicken wire is a good example.  Take note though - it took 2
weeks to render.

H. E. Day