POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New group suggestion : Re: programming languages (was: New group suggestion) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: programming languages (was: New group suggestion)
From: Kalle Anka
Date: 7 Apr 1999 21:49:28
Message: <370BFD16.7477D322@acc.umu.se>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Um, yes, I didn't follow ANY of that... :)
>
> Got the Assembler version anyone?  Or maybe Fortran?  ;-)
nop, I dont... but it's the same (almost) as the other version higher up
in the thred. I used a loop of 20000 writes.
here comes the readable (yeah right...):
           v                 <
55*4*5*8*5*>"!!!ESAELP"8k,1-:|
                             @
and here are the comments for the second line by character-number:
1,2 : put two 5es on the stack
3   : mulitply the two numbers on the stack and put
      the result (5*5=25) on the stack
4   : put a 4 on the stack
5   : multiply (25*4=100)
6   : add a 5 on the stack
7   : multiply (100*5=500)
8   : add a 8 to the stack
9   : multiply (500*8=4000)
10  : add a 5 on the stack
11  : multiply (4000*5=20000)
12  : change the direction of the "cursor" that reads the program
13-23 : put the word PLEASE!!! on the stack
24  : put an 8 on the stack
25  : repeat next command 8 times (8 is on top of the stack) and pop it
26  : print the character on top of the stack (and pop it)
27,28 : put a 1 on the stack and subtract it from the number before
29  : duplicate the top of the stack
30  : if the top of the stack is 0 quit (that is go south) else go north

if we go north then turn left at the "arrows" to get to the "PLEASE!!!"
string.

not to hard was it?

/Peter Toneby, who now has changed his name to appear correctly...