POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I just HAD to ask! (hope I don't offend anyone!) : Re: I just HAD to ask! (hope I don't offend anyone!) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I just HAD to ask! (hope I don't offend anyone!)
From: Ken
Date: 7 Apr 1999 18:42:17
Message: <370BD007.C7EA7873@pacbell.net>
Johnny Smith wrote:

>         I 've been sitting here toying with the idea of rendering
> something that would be considered "sexual" in nature.  I was
> wondering,  is there anyone else out there done anything like that?
> (obviously not a topic for the IRTC!!)   I mean,  let's face it...
> almost everything has been rendered that there is to see in the known
> universe.  (and something we'll never see!)  But I have never came
> across this "topic" before when it pertained to raytracing.  So how
> about it folks?  Would it be considered bad/offensive taste to create
> something like this?
>
> P.S  When I say "sexual" in nature... I had nothing particular in mind.

  I think that one is easy to answer. Yes there have been images produced
tht displayed human nudity. Of those that I have seen each was presented
as art. There is one Pov artist using poser to create some very classy
looking imagery that uses nude female poser people. One tht comes to mind
is her version of the classic chess board scene using nude females as
the playing pieces. It is in the binaries images group poted sometime between
9-98 and 1-99. The artist is name is Jenny Williams if I recall correctly.

 The point to remember is that if it is presented as art and not as
perversion few will regard it as offensive. You can't of course please
everybody so act with a reasonable amount of moral restraint. Detailed
close-ups of male and femail pelvic regions would probably be frowned
upon by most people and the details of these areas should be kept to a
minimum when included at all.

 Whatever you do -  DO NOT publicly post graphic images of blatant sex acts,
natural or unatural, to the images group here. It will most likely, on this
server anyway, be removed and might cause your access to the server to become
restricted or removed completely.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net