POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I just HAD to ask! (hope I don't offend anyone!) : Re: I just HAD to ask! (hope I don't offend anyone!) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:34:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I just HAD to ask! (hope I don't offend anyone!)
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 7 Apr 1999 18:23:06
Message: <370BBFA1.FB3E1C4F@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Johnny Smith wrote:

>         I 've been sitting here toying with the idea of rendering
> something that would be considered "sexual" in nature.  I was
> wondering,  is there anyone else out there done anything like that?
> (obviously not a topic for the IRTC!!)   I mean,  let's face it...
> almost everything has been rendered that there is to see in the known
> universe.  (and something we'll never see!)  But I have never came
> across this "topic" before when it pertained to raytracing.  So how
> about it folks?  Would it be considered bad/offensive taste to create
> something like this?
>
> P.S  When I say "sexual" in nature... I had nothing particular in mind.

There have been some post at binary.images featuring Lara Croft in a
more ... hmmmm ... open style of clothing. If I remember it it got
started by the admin.

Offensive ... I don't think so. It's still part of life ... an important
one also.
Just try to keep something that can be called good taste if you want to
show in public and want to get flamed all over.
I guess nobody would have called the naked greek statues offensive (well
you will never know!).

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler