POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Stack fault. : Stack fault. Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:51:43 EDT (-0400)
  Stack fault.
From: Spider
Date: 7 Apr 1999 14:15:24
Message: <370B91BE.FAB4477F@bahnhof.se>
Hello, I got a stack fault error while doing some macto coding.
I know it's not the depth of the loop(I loop the same way several times) but
when doing the final loop with a few #write() statements, it crashes.

Is there some kind of memory-leak in the #macro directive? I've come to belive
this after several crashes when using #macro and big #while loops.
(No, I had memory free)

povray 3.1e windows, watcom compile.
win 95 osr2.5.
povray as shell.

I can post the source for the crash, but it isn't predicatble to reproduce.(it's
a loong parse. 30-60 mins)

layout:
define a max
loop x->max
  loop y->max
    doo something

place in differennt macros.
I had a max of 250, and repeated around 15-20 times (random procedure)

Sorry that I can't help more.
all the loops were in #macro's
--
//Spider