POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New group suggestion : Re: New group suggestion Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New group suggestion
From: Ken
Date: 5 Apr 1999 23:21:58
Message: <37096E9F.CDE2A3F3@pacbell.net>
Anthony Bennett wrote:

> I was just tossing around ideas in my head this morning while getting
> ready for school, and this one came up. Why not make a discussion group
> called povray.teens for all of those who are less old than most of you.
> If Lance's survey brings up enough of us, perhaps we can talk of our
> problems, our growing up with pov, and post our own images, sort of like
> a text and binaries group in one. So, what do you think? Is there a big
> enough group of teens to fill a group?

  Just to throw in my own handful of coins er opinions - When I was a teen,
yes I remember that far back, I found it a joy whenever I had the opportunity
to associate with "adults" an a fairly even level such as the opportunity
that presents itself here. I always found that despite their sometimes grumpy
demeanour and seemingly short and uninformative or not understandable replies
there is much to be learned from the experience of them old farts you are now
looking to exclude yourself(s) from. I also found them to be in most cases
more than tolerant of obviously juvenile comments and that over eager high
energy level that is the trademark of youth. You run into the occasional bear
but you will find in most cases the old farts will go out of their way to help
the young when given the chance even to a greater extint than those of your own
age group will.
 While it is of course your choice (and the newsgroup administrator)I don't
feel the benefits out weigh the advantages of using the current group structure
available to you
now. Additionally I am still young at heart and I cannot
guarantee that I will stay out of the kiddies group if I see something I feel
like commenting on or getting involved with. That is a fair warning I think.

Good luck in whatever path you choose to follow.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net