POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Farewell CompuServe : Re: Farewell CompuServe Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Farewell CompuServe
From: Graham Redway
Date: 5 Apr 1999 17:42:46
Message: <37092061.BA599A3F@compuserve.com>
I too am happy with this development. The Compuserve 'community' is now
very small and it is unusual for more than 1 message to be posted each
day . However, it will be sad to lose the large galleries of images that
have accumalted over time and I only hope they will be copied to
Povray.org.
I'll loose the ability to be smug for a few days after the POVTeam
releases new versions only on Compuserve before letting it go public.
I see no reason for me to stay at Compuserve with their extortionate
charges, $25 for 20 'free' hours, am I that stupid? (Say nothing!)

	Graham.