POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : creating you include files : Re: creating you include files Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creating you include files
From: Ken
Date: 5 Apr 1999 12:01:05
Message: <3708CF07.252890F5@pacbell.net>
Anthony Bennett wrote:

> I would appreciate a program that would 'clean' up Spatch files eliminating
> all the unnecesary zeroes and spaces, like in 0.00000 which could just be 0.

The pov editor does a good job of it. Highlight the unwanted combination
such as , 0.000000, and use the search and replace functions. Specifiy
for the above , 0, and hit replace all and it will take care of the rest.
I do this with all large mesh files removing excess trailing zeros and
the spaces after , { } < >  . I reguraly see 1 meg mesh files go to as
low as 600k by using a simple search and replace. All you need to do is
in the search for box hit the space bar one time and in the replace box
specifiy nothing. It will remove every single space in the file. This is
BIG hard drive space saving trick.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net