POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height fields : Re: Height fields Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height fields
From: Lance Birch
Date: 4 Apr 1999 22:44:47
Message: <3708158f.0@news.povray.org>
Well, I was leaving it open for other people more experienced (and as you
can see they've all jumped in like I expected them to).

But:  Meshes, Bicubic Patches, Some use of Isosurface (would require the
patch though), Shearing and warping of a normal height field with a matrix
(although I don't know enough about them any more), convert a height field
to a mesh and edit it externally, combine height fields in such a way that
you could have an inverse height field on top to make the overhangs...

OK, that's all I can think of right now.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone