POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 2 : TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 2 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 2
From: F VERBAAS
Date: 4 Apr 1999 17:17:06
Message: <3707c8c2.0@news.povray.org>
The docs state:
"The TGA and PPM file formats may be used as a storage device for 16 bit
numbers rather than an image file. These formats use the red and green bytes
of each pixel to store the high and low bytes of a height value. "

When I inspect a POV-generated HF_Gray_16 TGA file I find the red channel
all zero, but green and blue channels containing the high order and low
order bytes respectively.

Could it be that the docs differ from the code?

Frans