POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stone Textures : Re: Stone Textures - OPPS! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone Textures - OPPS!
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 3 Apr 1999 04:53:39
Message: <3705E5B2.158FE100@inapg.inra.fr>
No it wasn't... "crackle" or "agate" normals can give good results for
stones I think.
I used 3D noise a couple of times, though, like in "Moving out"
http://www.mediaport.net/Artichaud/Tran/gtp174e.htm
on the eggs and the ground (it's barely noticeable on the eggs). AFIK,
it's the closed thing to displacement maps we have in Pov and it takes
tiiiiiiiime to render.

Gilles