POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Screensaver "you know you have been raytracing too long when..." : Re: POV Screensaver: Feedback Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Screensaver: Feedback
From: Josh English
Date: 2 Apr 1999 10:06:52
Message: <3704DD71.3FB1A091@spiritone.com>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

> <SNIP>
>
> And a suggestion:
> You might want to consider changing the background periodically too, because
> with such large areas of static image, the whole purpos of a screen*saver*
> is somewhat defeated, isn't it?
>
> <SNIP>

Actually, I can't think of a monitor manufactured in the last five years or so
that actually need a screen saver, the screens don't suffer burn in like they
used to, so the purpose of a screen saver is partially a privacy issue and
mostly pure enjoyment. I haven't tried this one, but I'm enjoying the IRTC
images way too much right now

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom