POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Filtered Image Maps : Filtered Image Maps Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Filtered Image Maps
From: Alexander Fried
Date: 1 Apr 1999 11:47:49
Message: <3703B12A.FD1C216A@jk.uni-linz.ac.at>
I am trying to project am image onto a wall. My scene consists of one
plane a screen, a light source and a second plane between the light and
the screen holding the image:

------------- screen
  \       /
 -----------  image
    \   /
     \ /
      o       light

I am using a png image. Each pixel has an alpha value of 128. POV uses
this alpha a transmit and therefore only gray shadow is visible. The
"filter all" keyword crashes on 3.1e (Windows) and 3.0 ignores it. The
only way I found, is using gif, but I don't want to reduce the color.
The best solution would be to tell POV it should use the alpha channel
as filter. Does anyone know if this is possible or is there another way
to do it?

Thanks,

Alex