POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : spare computer power up for grabs... : spare computer power up for grabs... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  spare computer power up for grabs...
From: spyder
Date: 31 Mar 1999 13:37:58
Message: <37026b86.0@news.povray.org>
Im doing a small research project in school right now, and i have a small beowulf
parallel computer just sitting here most of the time.  As part of my experiment, i
want to see exaclty how much faster i can render images over three pII 266 machines
(linux) vs. one machine of the same type.  i have successfully rendered just about all
of the sample scenes included with povray, and i would like to try some really large
images to see if i get the same results as i have gotten with smaller scenes.
basically i
mm offering to render povray scenes that may take a lot of time on a single / older
machine.  if you are interested at all, please email me, Andrew McCabe at
spy### [at] whidnet.