POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Displacement Maps : Re: Displacement Maps Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Displacement Maps
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 30 Mar 1999 15:30:07
Message: <37012074.6DCF3FAB@panama.phoenix.net>
Thank you very much for reading the paper. You are too cool, Mr. Parker.
Thanks for explaining this to me. It strikes me as odd that there is no way
of doing this. I would think that you could change the space occupied by an
object at a certain point by relating the displacement-mapped point and the
object's normal at that same point. Or maybe I'm way off, I really don't know
much about this stuff.