POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question 'bout indentation (no flamewar) : Re: Question 'bout indentation (no flamewar) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question 'bout indentation (no flamewar)
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 30 Mar 1999 12:44:20
Message: <37010d74.0@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Mika wrote in message <3700ffa9.0@news.povray.org>...

>  This is not good coding
[snip]
>  This is not good coding either, since you get a warning when A<=0.

I would agree with your first assessment, since code duplication leads to
problems once you start to change code and forget to do it in all places
where you duplicated it.

However, I would disagree with your second opinion:
Getting warnings is not a bad thing in general, because they are just that:
"Warnings". They mean "Hey something here *might* be wrong, you're sure you
wanna do this?" and you always have the choice (as in the given situation)
to say "Yes, damn sure! ;-)"

So long,
Johannes.