POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Displacement maps. : Re: Displacement maps. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Displacement maps.
From: Rick
Date: 30 Mar 1999 01:16:33
Message: <37006c41.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
didn't mean to start a war!
but on, my machine I have had faster resultes with POVray compared to max,
admittadly i have only been trying quick scenes, not many objects etc.. ( a
few hundred or so)

but MAX tends to wipe out nearly everything my PC has, before you have even
done anything, and low system resources may be choking the render time up.

Rick