POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : BSP tree bounding patch : Re: BSP tree bounding patch Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:51:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BSP tree bounding patch
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Nov 2003 11:12:03
Message: <36kh91-tmc.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Andrew Clinton wrote:

> I'm working on this... I hope to release more versions in the future that
> will clean a few things up.  Most of the changes are related to the patch.
> One exception is that there is a bug fix in TEST_RAY_FLAGS_SHADOW() macro,
> which did not seem to be making the right check when light buffer is
> disabled.  Also I've moved the method to initialize interior list (using
> bounding boxes) into bbox.h which seemed to make more sense.  The only
> other change I can think of is to more intelligently compute bounding box
> for clipped or manually bounded objects in parse.cpp (I think this change
> is correct).

I had a closer look at your changes and don't really understand the
meaning of 'Local_BBox'.

BTW the way you implemented the additional statistics is of course not
the right way(tm) but i'd suggest you wait until the next official
version before changing this because otherwise you will have to modify
it twice.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______