POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FEATURE REQUEST: MS Notepad text editing keystroke definitions : Re: FEATURE REQUEST: MS Notepad text editing keystroke definitions Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FEATURE REQUEST: MS Notepad text editing keystroke definitions
From: Ron Parker
Date: 29 Mar 1999 08:56:42
Message: <36ff869a.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 01:50:07 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> Will my files compress more when archived if I used indented
> script ?

As a percentage of original size, probably yes.  :)

You forgot "Will my code be easier to decipher when I come back to it in
five years?" and "Would other (dare I say normal?) people be able to
understand my code without going to a lot of work to indent it themselves?"

Though with that said, I prefer no indenting to incorrect indenting.