POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.1e refresh : Re: 3.1e refresh Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.1e refresh
From: povray org admin team
Date: 29 Mar 1999 04:56:20
Message: <36ff4bc0.1229062@news.povray.org>
par### [at] mailfwicom (Ronald L. Parker) wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:46:31 -0500, "Spock" <spo### [at] homecom> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>The big buttons (new, open, save, ...) don't refresh properly
>>under windows 98 (at least on my machine :-)  If I move the
>>mouse over a button or minimize/restore everything is fine.
>>
>>Not a big thing, but if anyone else sees it you might want to
>>fiddle with it for 3.1f.
>
>The version of ctl3d32 that comes with IE5 causes this.  I thought
>it was supposed to be fixed before they released IE5.  I guess not. :)

Yes, I've confirmed this (tried it at work on an IE5-infect^H^H^H^H-equipped
machine. It did exactly what has been reported. I also hear that Paint Shop Pro
has had similar problems.

In the case of POVWIN, at least for me, miniminizing then restoring it seems to
solve the problem in a jiffy, though you have to do this each time you run it.