POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Meshes and Textures : Meshes and Textures Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Meshes and Textures
From: Gordon
Date: 28 Mar 1999 08:42:59
Message: <36fe31e3.0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

Something funny happened in POV the other day!

I defined a mesh with textures applied to the individual triangles. Then I
made several copies of that mesh, rotated and translated differently. The
strange thing is, the texture is not in the same place on the copies. What
gives?

In every other case I know, if you copy an object and move it, the texture
goes with the object, you have to translate/scale/rotate the texture
independently to do anything else.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, can someone explain what is happening, and
maybe exactly what the effect on the texture is when an object is
moved/scaled/rotated.

Thanks
Gordon
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>

PS I am putting textures on the blades of grass in my Grass Macro update.
The textures now follow the blades, so you can have striped blades, etc.