POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: What is a degenerate triangle? : Re: Q: What is a degenerate triangle? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: What is a degenerate triangle?
From: Gordon
Date: 21 Mar 1999 21:26:20
Message: <36f5aa4c.0@news.povray.org>
It does seem strange to me as well. In the particle system I am working on,
I'm using smooth triangles as the particles. I calculate normals that point
at 90 degrees to the average normal of the triangle. These normals are
parallel to the surface and have had no error mesages like this.

Any programmer types who get into the POV code care to explain in detail?

Thanks
Gordon