POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New website. : Re: New website. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New website.
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 19 Mar 1999 06:49:44
Message: <36f239d8.0@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <36F1B979.B6785FF5@aol.com>...
>Well, I got to listen to "Lunaland" anyhow. Wasn't easy to do. I
>couldn't just click on the link, if I did all that happens is a
>text-like file starts to appear. Looked like the rm file as it would
>appear in Windows Notepad. Then I tried downloading with right-click and
>Save Link as... in Netscape. No go, crashed when I tried to play it. So
>finally I right-clicked on the link and chose Copy Link Location. Pasted
>that into RealPlayers Open Location and after a lengthy wait it began to
>play. Liked it and tried to do same with Another World and got nowhere
>this time due to network traffic jam or so RealPlayer suggested (twice).
>I'll try some other time.

Well, you're not the only one who is apparently having problems. Someone said that it
appeared to download okay, but played silence. It's possibly something that I'm doing
wrong, but I don't know what. It works fine for me by just clicking on the link..it
buffers for a while, then plays. I cleared out the cache, so it was definitely
downloading
it form the site.
Are you using Win 95/98? Are you using RealPlayer G2? I'm concerned that everything is
not
working as it should.
Has anyone any suggestions?

>Got any music tracks where you voice-over or multi-track the lyrics
>yourself? I know I only heard the one song so far, but think you could
>do good singing with yourself so to speak. I think it would create a
>schizo effect where you aren't yourself the second time through. Maybe
>so, maybe not, maybe I don't know anything... ;)

    Harmonising with myself, you mean? Yeah, I've got a number of tracks like that (
not
the ones I posted, unfortunately ). Of course, you'll be able to purchase the cd when
it's
released ;-)

--
Andy