POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma 1.0 or Bust! : Re: Gamma 1.0 - I WISH! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma 1.0 - I WISH!
From: Lance Birch
Date: 19 Mar 1999 04:29:25
Message: <36f218f5.0@news.povray.org>
Yes, I know what you mean, but my point was that all monitors should be
configured to a specific gamma (or as close as possible) in the factory, at
least this way people have ONE value to work from...  This way, even though
other output devices would differ in gamma (which is inevitable, because of
different types of media), it would make it easier to correct it using
software, because the gamma of the monitors are constant... After all, you
aren't meant to adjust your monitor's gamma just for the type of output,
it's meant to be the constant, the output is meant to be the variable.

Have you ever tried using a computer with two monitors and they have
different gammas?  It's very frustrating when you make an image in one app,
then drag the app onto the second screen and it looks TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!!!
AAAGGHHHH!!!!!

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to put up with an endless life of gamma
hassles... I need a Pogle Platinum Digital Colour Processor......  :(

he he he

If only everything was Gamma 1.0... ;-)

--
Lance.