POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to number objects? : How to number objects? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  How to number objects?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 18 Mar 1999 19:47:48
Message: <36f19eb4.0@news.povray.org>
I want each individual object actor[n] to be labelled with the number
"n" on its body.  When my "actor" was CSG of a few primitives,  I had a
sufficiently clever way of doing this: I created an additional object
slightly larger than my actor, which was the intersection of a text
object and my actor.

Now that I've converted to a sPatch- modelled object which contains many
bicubic patches, I suspect that the render time would creep to a halt if
I used the same technique.  Any suggestions on how to do this in the
pigment?  I don't want to make separate bitmaps for each number!