POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Help with light code : Re: Help with light code Server Time
30 Apr 2024 22:34:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with light code
From: Pedro Graterol
Date: 17 Mar 1999 09:41:26
Message: <36efbf16.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <36EDD25C.BB8A06BE@pacbell.net>...

>I missed somewhere what the question is. If you would elborate a bit I
>might be able to offer some help. :)

The message was sort like this:
>Is there any way to 'soften' the light
projected onto the floor? I tried Media, interior and radiosity in global
settings, but the difference was not relevant.
> (and )...more lights in order to attenuate the main light, which is inside
the spheres.
*Image is in binaries.images. btw ,  a veeeeery simple and non-important
exercise*

I would appreciate that.  :-) I was trying to find a way to "soften" the
lights. It is a main light located inside two  spheres.  Bob Hughes
recommended to set area_lights and I did. But I did not like the results
(they were even brighter). Finally, I had to change the floor., they are
softened -but I did not want to change the floor!.   Thanks in advance

Marjorie Graterol