POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma 1.0 or Bust! : Re: Gamma 1.0 or Bust! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma 1.0 or Bust!
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 16 Mar 1999 11:41:55
Message: <36ee8813.2918096@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:02:56 -0600, "John M. Dlugosz"
<joh### [at] dlugoszcom> wrote:

>I have had a bit more luck than others in this thread in using an
>assumed_gamma=1.0 value.
>
>I've been examining the issues in some detail, and have started a page on
>it.  It's at http://www.dlugosz.com/POV/Gamma/POVscene.html .
>
>Any other "flat gamma-ers" out there want to discuss it?  I'd like to
>include Jerry's macro, for sure.

Include at will.  I use assumed_gamma 1.0 (display_gamma 2.2) with no
problems at all.  I make liberal use of the aforementioned macro when
I use standard colors, but I usually prefer to customize my colors
(and textures) anyway.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com