POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed issue on scenes : Re: Speed issue on scenes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speed issue on scenes
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 14 Mar 1999 12:43:15
Message: <36ebf533.0@news.povray.org>
Sometimes I think that if I'm not working on a long render in the
background, I'm just wasting CPU cycles forever.  I wish I could save them
up for when I needed them!

Perhaps in the near future the networking will exist to allow a CPU co-op to
easily exist on the internet.  In my idle hours my machine could handle
renders from others.  Then when I'm activly working on something, I'd farm
out renders to other machines.

--John