POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed issue on scenes : Re: Speed issue on scenes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speed issue on scenes
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 14 Mar 1999 12:39:47
Message: <36ebf463.0@news.povray.org>
re speeding up a textured plane:

Instead of letting the effect go all the way out to the horizon, intersect
it with a sphere to make a circle of textured ground just for the forgound
and mid-field.  Then put a simpler plane around that for the distant
background, if it's even necessary at all (your horizon will be lower
without it).