POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering in B&W? : Re: Rendering in B&W? SOLUTION!? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in B&W? SOLUTION!?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 12 Mar 1999 22:02:56
Message: <36e9d560.0@news.povray.org>
I hate to tell this to you Mr Tyler but this is one time that I AM RIGHT!

I want you to replicate this for me in greyscale... using your so-called
"rationalisations".

You have a yellow sphere, a red light to the left, a blue light to the
right.  The result after rendering and conversion to greyscale is NOT the
same as converting the colours to intesities and then rendering.

Do you want me to prove it with pictures?

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone