POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering in B&W? : Re: Rendering in B&W? SOLUTION!? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in B&W? SOLUTION!?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 12 Mar 1999 21:13:16
Message: <36e9c9bc.0@news.povray.org>
NO NO NO!!!  It DOESN'T WORK!!!

Ken, have you tried a red light source on a red and white sphere lately?
I'd like you to try making that in greyscale...  This is the point I missed
in my first post and I really should have pointed it out earlier.  Remember,
because the light sources can be different colours, the surfaces of objects
will react in different ways.  Like a blue shere will look different under
red light... and another coloured sphere under the same light will look
different again.  If you convert the lights to just intenisties (which is
what you're suggesting) the surfaces won't react differently so the objects
won't appear realistic.

Remember, the problem lies in the wavelengths.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone