POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering in B&W? : Re: Rendering in B&W? SOLUTION!? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in B&W? SOLUTION!?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 12 Mar 1999 20:43:24
Message: <36e9c2bc.0@news.povray.org>
OK, I've got an idea but I can't remember if it's possible or not (it's been
a while since I've used POV-Ray).

Can you render the image in normal colour, then SOMEHOW work out a way of
rendering the two images over each other with negative colour indices?  That
way the resulting image would be black and white...

The only problem is, how do you get an inverse of the picture without doing
image editing?  Is there a way to multiply the image_map pigments by -1?

This would solve all the problems, if it were possible.  Any ideas?

Of course the other way (WHICH WOULD TAKE MUCH LONGER!!!) is to write a
macro which reads from the Targa file and creates an array of boxes with the
black and white colour conversions for each pixel so that when rendered you
would have the image again... You'd have to turn anti-aliasing off...

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone