POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The misunderstandings page : Re: The misunderstandings page Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:15:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The misunderstandings page
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 12 Mar 1999 19:18:43
Message: <36e9aee3.0@news.povray.org>
I've been looking into this issue this week.
PNG and JPG are complementary, not competitors.
Use PNG for lossless work-in-progress and still get some compression.
Use JPEG for final pieces.
    Phil Clute wrote in message <36E81BB3.1250B1D2@tiac.net>...
    So which formats are better than the other?
    If you had to use a scale of 1 - 10 ...is png better than jpeg, gif
etc.
    I assume the bitmap is the best, or maybe not...you tell me.
    --
    ...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (2 KB)